- PFAS are labeled ‘forever chemicals’ due to the fact they don’t break down over time. Paired with studies showing adverse health effects, there is a growing market movement away from PFAS-based processing aids. How2Recycle announced in December 2021 that packaging containing PFAS will now be assigned the “Not Yet Recycled” How2Recycle label.
- Mitsui is proud to offer Everglide®, a PFAS-free processing aid that users find performs well when compared with traditional fluoro-materials. With Everglide®, film producers will achieve excellent melt processability, print adhesion, and a stable COF over a broad temperature range, allowing faster speeds on lines. Mitsui will work with you to fine-tune your additive approach to get the most out of your film production (both on performance and price!) while moving away from traditional PFAS PPAs
Suitable for a variety of different polymers, this material uniquely offers both internal and external process aid benefits. As the world moves away from PFAS-containing plastic, this is an ideal alternative to fluoropolymer-based process aids.
Benefits of Everglide® Process Aids:
- Reduced die pressures
- Reduced extruder energy draw
- Reduced apparent viscosity so process temperatures can be lowered
- Balances internal and external process aid properties (some attraction to the die to provide coating of surface, while also allowing easier movement of polymer chains over each other)
- Global Food Compliance for food contact applications